Digital Doomsday Clock
Digital Doomsday Clock
US Deaths in Iraq since March 20th, 2003
      
Marriage is love.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

An Aside

Lately I have come into contact with a number of organizations surrounding the topic of nurses who are men.  Being a nurse myself it was of interest to me reading their discussion boards dealing with the topic of discrimination of “male nurses” inside and outside the profession.  I came away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth concerning the whole subject.  I had no idea people put so much time and energy into the matter.   I suppose what best illustrates my uneasiness is a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".  Concerns surrounding the bias against men in nursing, and the jokes about male nurses, to name just a couple of their worries, seem to be a bit of a tempest in a teapot.

I came away with another apprehension.  The whole issue had a hint of homophobia throughout.  To a person all were offended to be considered gay and all made sure to mention in one way or another that they were NOT GAY, my emphasis.

In the grand scheme of things this topic pales, but hey it’s my blog.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Locations of visitors to this page
Politics
Blog Top Sites Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Google